Friday, March 9, 2007

The Standard Time Abolishion Act

My fellow Americans, I'm 15 minutes away from the weekend now. I'm thrilled at the fact that next week, when I leave work, even if I leave an hour late, as frequently do, the sun will not have set yet.

However, it does bring up two questions:

First, why do I have to lose an hour of my weekend to achieve this?

And second, why don't we just do this all year long?

One of our great founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin, came up with the idea that starting and ending your day earlier could give a person more daylight, and also save them many candles burnt, as that was the primary source of light after sundown in those times. This was also the origin of the phrase, "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."

Well, why do we only want to be healthy, wealthy and wise in the spring and summer? Quite frankly, I'm a little tired of not feeling so healthy in the winter months. And I won't be so


MG Apparel's Republicans and
Democrats shirt
foolish to suggest that leaving the clocks at daylight time will change that, but surely it couldn't hurt to see the sun a little bit more, ESPECIALLY in the winter.

This is why, when I am elected president, the whole process of spring ahead, fall back will be put to an end. After my inauguration on January 20, 2009, on January 21, 2009, we will spring ahead and never look back.

I don't know why the Republicans and Democrats never figured this out. I would have loved to seen them fight about this. But then again, I frequently do enjoy watching them fight. That is, until one of them actually wins... If you agree with that, you can show your support by ordering the Republicans and Democrats shirt.

Thank you, and have a great, if not slightly shortened weekend.

No comments: