Friday, January 19, 2007

And I thought I was lax LAST month...

Well, been busy again this month too. I've typically tried to post a new entry here whenever I had a new item, or just something worth talking about. Well, I've added enough items this month that if I could post daily til the end of the month, I should be able to hit them all. Today's item, goes out to a great debate topic, capital punishment.

Personally, I'm for it. You take somebody's life? Only seems fair that you should forefit your own. My only regret is that they have but one life to give for their crimes. It'd be nice if it could happen a little faster, but I guess they gotta be sure before they flick the switch, push the plunger, open the gas valve, drop the platform, pull the trigger, or whatever other ingenious ways they come up with to off these pricks.

A great dividing issue that tends to parallel capital punishment is abortion. I suppose they go hand in hand because in both cases, you're making the decision to end somebody's life, though in the case of capital punishment, the life is that of somebody who has been found to have taken the lives of others, and with abortion, the main crime of the target is to be concieved by somebody that finds the idea of their birth to be inconvenient, but hey, half of one, six dozen of the other, right?

And they have great pro-abortion slogans too, don't they? "Keep your laws off my body." Like there aren't other laws that affect your body out there. This is the only one. Oh, and if you're pregnant, isn't there another body to consider there? But my personal favorite is, "Against abortion? Don't have one." How stupidly simplistic do you have to be to buy that one? Sure. Let's translate that to other aspects of life...

Against murder? Don't kill people.

Against drunk drivers? Don't drive drunk.

Against spousal abuse? Don't beat your wife.

Against the war in Iraq? Don't fight in it.

Against child abuse? Convert to Judiasim.

Ok, that last one may have pushed it a bit... but that's the idea behind one of the latest releases from MG Apparel...

Against capital punishment? Don't kill a death row inmate.

No comments: